Isaiah Mastroianni

If

Life is hard, but it’s not easy.
Sometimes I wish I were dreaming
of the perfect life, the perfect day
and for things to go my way.

If I had one wish everything would be okay.
If only things would go that way.
Even if I had the confidence to make my day
I’d enjoy it anyway.

If I could spread the joy
I’d have it just like that.
Everything that’s offered to me
makes me believe . . .
If it didn’t matter
then what’s the point of that?

If I had one choice
I would maybe start anew
for my friends and family
before things go askew
I’d wish for the best
no matter what it takes.

If I didn’t have to stress
I wouldn’t have to pick up this mess.
Sometimes I really don’t care
and I just want that way (sometimes).

But if everyone had their way
maybe everything would be okay
for the perfect day.