Francia Rahiman

The Not So Nice Bigger Picture

A flickering light
A leaky faucet
An unmade bed
A sink full of dishes

All these things that seemed to bother you before . . . do not seem to anymore

They're nothing compared to the outside world
The bigger picture is what you need to see

CRIME
HUNGER
WAR
POVERTY
All these things can never be compared to all those little things
Take a step back and realize you can:

Replace a flickering light

Fix a leaky faucet

Make an unmade bed

Wash a sink full of dishes


The Wait is Not Over

The torture is heavy, I can see it in your eyes
"Time is nothing but pain in disguise"
I want the waiting to be done
and all I scheme is a plan to run
How can we be here, just sitting?
When everyone's out there, you've got to be kidding!
These moments, these whiles
are continuous in a pattern of tiles
A never ending kitchen floor
is what we're living behind this rotten door
Open it, just open it please!
The thoughts in my mind, they will never seize
The light has faded and hushed
The dark has left it crushed
We sit here and wait . . . and wait
for something so unreal, for something so late


Going Nowhere

After all this time, I'm still here
After every drop of every tear
I'm stuck in a dark room
Awaiting change, facing doom

Growing tired of growing
Growing ill of not knowing
Change should be coming now
I don't know when, I don't know how

But I know things won't stay
the way they are, day by day
Maybe I can put everything behind me
Maybe I can walk away and be free

But it's not that simple, not that easy
Life is stormy and not that breezy
Rain will fall, winds will clash
Life's too short to get up and dash